Furman Upgrade to Niagra

I remember ready an article some time ago by @erik_squires on 110v power and him recommending these as a good place to start, so I bought a couple of: https://furmanpower.com/product/15a-6-outlet-surge-suppressor-strip/

I recall him saying to use one bank for analogue and the other for digital. Well, I have no analogue gear, so I just use all the outlets as needed.

What would an Audioquest Niagra 3000 or even the Niagra 1200 do for my system over and above my simple power strips, would the large monetary investment be a substantial beneficial to my system over my pair of PST-6s? Thanks.

128x128navyachts

@navyachts keep in mind few things -

1. you do have analog gear - your preamp and amp (I wouldn’t connect amp to power conditioner though)

2. The power cable connecting the power conditioner to the wall should be equal or better quality than the power cables connecting connecting your components to the power conditioner.
3. I would recommend Audioquest power cable for the Audioquest power conditioner.

Just a side note - I ran a dedicated line for my system and stopped using power conditioners. I just use the best possible power cables and outlets. Not saying that’s the best approach but it works for me.

@audphile1 thank you, as always a wealth of helpful information!

I also ran a dedicated 20-amp 12/2 circuit for my system with upgraded outlets.

So, you think a power conditioner isn't necessary if that's the case?

It’s hard to say unless you try. I tried and liked my components direct to wall. I had puritan psm156 with both classic and ultimate power cables.
While there was what one can perceive as a very slight drop in noise floor, the restriction in dynamics and top end extension wasn’t something I was willing to live with. And that was with only dac and preamp plugged into the Puritan.
I now have a streamer as well, Aurender N200, and I have no issues with the system running without power conditioning. 
But like I said, you won’t know until you try. You might like it with the power conditioner in the chain.