Recommendation Repair Technician

Can anyone recommend someone who might take on an amplifier upgrade request?  Here is the situation. 
I have a class d amplifier that I want to keep and use for a very very long time. The original company is closed 

The design is so prone to blowing Gen-Fets that most people keep them in the closet collecting dust. The reviews consistently put this class d design as having the greatest soundstage. 

It uses an open ground. If the source is not turned on before the amp is then the Gen-Fets blow. This means that the source must use a UPS in our rural power area. If any stray piece of speaker wire touches the close proximity other speaker post or the case the Gen-Fets blow. The fets are becoming harder to source. These are like a Lamborghini built on carbon fiber. Any bump can damage the carbon fiber (metaphor only). 

This is not my profession but to further just describe the situation, is a fix possibly to change to a push pull power supply, add a start capacitor or change design to chassis ground?  

Anyway, smart people can suggest smart ideas BUT do you know any smart people who also use the soldering gun?

I appreciate you. 

128x128geworthomd

@geworthomd -

Bigkidz is a contributor to this discussion board and is a partner in a well-respected audio tech company in NJ. He has modified and built audio equipment for many A’goners. Get in touch with him and discuss your situation. I think I know your amp and it is definitely worth keeping.

David

Wharfy, you are so respectful to him. You are a gentleman and I thank u. Th u for honoring him.

I would fix this myself but I have not yet figured which end of the soldering gun you put the solder on :)