Need a big favor picking a preamp

I recently tried out an Esoteric E-02 phonostage and have decided to buy one.  (It was a big step up from a Parasound JC3+, which surprised me.)  I'm working on my preamp stage now, and tried out a Dan D'Angostino Momentum HD preamp and the Exoteric Grandioso C1X

Dan's preamp was fantasic, but I makes me feel like I need to be wearing several gold chains when using it.  Perhaps also a toupee and some gold nugget rings.  "Gaudy" is the word when I look at it. 

I also tried out a Esoteric Grandioso C1X, which was fantastic, but a bit cold, and much of my system is already Esoteric Grandioso, and it's getting a bit fanboyish.   Unfortunately I did not have it when I tried out the E-02, but I assume the two would be excellent together.

I would say the D'Angostino preamp is "more musical", while the Esoteric more "more precise".

There's a third contender I have never heard on my system, but loved when I heard elsewhere on a similar system -- Nagra HD preamp -- it had the precision of the Esoteric and had just a tad bit of tube sound.  It's also startlingly expensive.

I tried out several others that just didn't fit my system: Pass Labs being one, which surprised me.

So, please advise:

D'Angostino Momentum?

Esoteric C1X

Nagra HD

The downstream are two Classe Delta Monoblocks, Bowers 800s, SVS PB16 ultras.  Upstream Digital: Esoteric K-03XD and Lumin U1  Upstream Analog: Esoteric E-02 and alternating between a VPI Titan and Esoteric Grandioso turntable.

Current preamp is a Prima Luna Evo 400, which I love the looks of, and punches WAY above its weight for the price, but it's time to go.

davetheoilguy

One more option for you to consider, also dual mono, but a tube preamp, which could be a good match for your amps.

Dan Wright, the founders of Modwright is very accessible, will respond to emails, take calls and supports his products based on my experience with one fo them, a phono stage. I have my eye on the preamp for a future upgrade.The Music Room is one of several dealers. The unit is made in the U.S.A., should that be a factor.  

Good luck in your search.

Absolutely check out Backert! It’s perhaps one of the best hidden gems of the high-end audio market. A complete suite of balanced and single ended connectivity and a neutral yet dazzling sound signature. All tube and American made by a great designer and his son. Believe me, it’s well worth looking into!

@davetheoilguy 

Congrats on your Esoteric E-02 phonostage purchase. Reviews says it's sonics punches significantly above it's price point.  

+1 Backert Labs

If you are open to other choices, I strongly recommend the Linear Tube Audio Microzotl preamp. 

The Audiophiliac, Steve Guttenberg, just announced it as his new reference preamp. It’s a wonderful component. 

@bluethinker 

As it turns out, I actually bought the LTA microzotl  this past Hanukkah for my daughter to use as a headphone amp at college to avoid pissing off her roommate.

It’s nice, but I hadn’t considered it in this context.