Speakers: Color VS. Nuetral

I recently purchased a pair of Dali Euphonia ms4 - 4ohm 350 watt speakers. They play some music great (such as jazz, folk or Dire Straits & Alan Parsons- type music) however they leave me a little flat when I'm playing music of the harder rock variety (Dio, Sammy Hagar, & even Blue Oyster Cult). Like there is a lack of urgency and excitement with these speakers. I'm running them off of a Peachtree Grand which puts out over 600 watts per channel on a 4 ohm speaker.

Would like to know if anyone has an opinion on a good speaker with the right color for this type of sound. Price range would be anywhere from $2000 to $10,000 Msrp when speaker pair was new.
puffbojie
Puffbojie,

I have Aerial 7Ts and had a Peachtree 220, 220SE, and Grand integrated amp connected to them. I'm sorry, but the Grand was the worst combination and the 220SE was the best out of the Peachtree amps. The Grand can play "louder", but in my system, to my ears, isn't a musical amplifier. Eventually I sold the 220se, because I thought something was missing, but for the money the 220SE is very good. Just my 2 cents!
Puff, there's wisdom in some of Ricred1's words..."in my system, to my ears". Therein lies the rub - your system isn't likely to be the exact same as his (cables, source, media) nor is your room the same as his. And I'd offer that those elements are as important, if not moreso, than the question of the amp & speakers alone. You can take one amp & speaker combo, have it sound like absolute bat guano, then put it in a truck and drive it around the block to someone else's living room with different dimensions, furnishings, and source and have that same amp & speaker combo sound like heaven. So to some degree, choosing an amp speaker combo based on someone else's experience is like buying your pants based on how they fit other people.

Some details that I'm surprised nobody else has bothered asking...

- What size room are you working with, and how is it shaped?
- How is it furnished i.e. carpeted, tiled, curtains, glass doors, etc.
- What's your source? CD, turntable, lossy/lossless files on a server?
- Is a subwoofer part of the plan?
- How much flexibility do you have with speaker placement, and how much did you experiment with wall proximity, toe-in, etc. with the Dalis?
- What speakers in the past have made you happy? We all have tastes in equipment, a way that we want music to sound - for some people the gentle contact of drum brush sticks is most rewarding, for others it's the kick in the gut from a bass drum. You need to choose speakers based on your own taste and how you want the sound to move you personally.

There are some seriously smart and experienced audiophiles on this forum - many of them already participating in this thread. So getting some good equipment recommendations will be easy. The hard part is filtering through those based on YOUR room, YOUR source, and YOUR personal situation.
you might also be quite happy with the Aerial 10T - the last version is way under your budget...
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll have to schedule a field trip to listen to the Aerial collection and check out some other amps for comparison. Have a great weekend. Any others suggestions are certainly welcome.
"Any others suggestions are certainly welcome."

You're making the right decision to go out and demo some new gear. There's no better way to go about this. The only thing that I would add, is that it seems like you may be tempted to keep some of your current equipment, like the Peachtree, maybe because of the reviews, or that you just bought it. Its understandable. No one wants to buy something and have to sell it right away. But if your not objective, and let your emotions play into all of this, it can cost you a lot of money. I know that I can speak for myself on making this mistake, but I'm pretty sure many of the other posters here can as well.