Vinyl static ionizers who's used them?

There are 2 that I know of the DS Audio ION-001 Vinyl ionizer or the CS Port Static Eliminator IME1. Are they worth the asking price? 

rsf507

I own the ION-001. There’s an issue with keeping it on during playback - it degrades the sound. It’s not a huge difference, but once you hear it, you cannot “unhear” it. Highs are rolled-off and the sound loses energy, sounding a bit “muddy”. It may not be discernible on all systems, but on my very high end system, it’s obvious. 

It’s therefore not a good idea in all cases, to keep an ionizer on during playback.

And I don’t see the need to have a deionizer blowing on the LP during play, because I’m convinced that friction between stylus and groove does not cause static charge, so just treat the LP before playing and be done with it.

I went from the dstat 3 to the ds audio ionizer and it’s a noticeable upgrade.   There’s more music.   

Big Clive on YouTube has deconstructed many ionisers, some real and some fake. I don’t think they have to be very expensive or complicated to actually work.

I'd post a link to a serach of his videos on the subject, but each time I try Audiogon tells me I am blocked.