Fleetwood Deville vs Wilson Sound

Both are great speakers. I was always curious about Wilson speakers especially because some people really hate on them.

Anyone compare the Fleetwood Deville vs Wilson Sasha Tier?

How would you describe the differences in own words?

The Devilles make female vocals sound quite stunning, and am unsure if I would like that "crisp clear hifi" sound that Wilsons have.

Opinions?

128x128f208frank

OP- fantastic that you demoed for yourself- much better to understand sonic differences than mere words can convey.  I too am a Magico fan- the S3 (2023) sounds similar to the M2/M3 - one of these may be my end game target. I’ve listened to many Wilson speakers, but they never connected with me emotionally. 

I've never heard a pair of Wilson speakers that I remotely wanted.  I own Deville SQs.  They couldn't be any more different IMO.  The Deville's are engaging, enveloping, and sound like live music.  The Wison's are sterile and precise with exaggerated bass.

Different speakers for totally different tastes would be my take.

I have been really impressed with Wilson speakers… often blown away (like well set up $500K ones), but I have never been inclined to want them for myself. But have recommended them for folks that value that kind sound. Same with. Magico.

I am unsure why Wilson gets so much hate. 

Wilsons are just so ugly...

A thing of beauty is a joy forever.

A thing of ugly is bonerloss forever.

Just carried by high end electronics... It is no miracle of the speaker. Dave Wilson was always sneaky as sht at shows back in the days...always make it a difficult dumb load so dudes are forced to deploy the serious electronics. Such serious electronics can even carry a hog to victory lane.

Same rinse/repeat/rehash of the same crap for decades...no innovation...just buy drivers from Focal ( learn to make your own driver one day Willy!),

etc etc

It's a crap brand with fake hype dude.

After owning both the Devilles and the Scalas, I keep teetering back and forth between just keeping one set of speakers or both.

I am currently in honeymoon phase with the Scalas and when swapping to the Devilles, I still do enjoy em quite a bit. 

One thing that sort of steered me away from the Wilsons was because they have such a premium baked into the cost due to their brand name. If that speaker had won my heart over I can look past that but thankfully it did not. I spoke to a few Wilson owners and majority of them even when happy with the sound do feel some of their money went towards the "brand name" when purchasing the speakers. Of course nothing wrong with that at all. I do respect/appreciate what Wilson as a brand had/has contributed to the audio world at the end of the day.

Happy listening.