What to do with a large collection

I have thousands of CDs and records and am looking to get rid of most of them. i can’t possibly listen to them in my remaining years and my wife doesn’t need them. CDs, it turns out, are not very viable these days, and if you want to sell them to a dealer you can only get store credit!! And, if as in my case, the collection is 90% classical, it seems they will be impossible to unload. Since CDs are antiques these days, I can’t imagine ANYONE who would want them. The only alternative I can see is the garbage. When you consider just how much of an investment they were it’s indeed a sobering realization.
Records are indeed “in,” but how desirable are classical LP’s?

Any suggestions?

128x128rvpiano

I gave away hundreds of Cds years ago..... now I'm buying them back.... who knew?

I too have some CDs I’d like to get rid of but I listen to CDs about as much as I listen to vinyl. I tried the streaming route but did not like it and sold my streamer and DAC. Of the 3 formats, streaming was the worst sounding with vinyl the best and CDs a close second. I continue to buy CDs because they are less expensive than vinyl and there is more choices than vinyl. Plus there are some amazing CD players available these days.

Our local friends of the library group does book sales where they also sell CDs. There are often many classical CDs. You won't get any return on your investment but it will do a great deal of good for the local library. 

I wonder how many of those cds have "cd rot"? I have a collection of around 500 cds that go back to the 80s. I'm finding that a few from the 80s and 90s have "self destructed". I have always stored them properly,  but it's my understanding that some of the materials contained in the cds, especially the older ones,  cause the layer containing the digital info to corrode.  It appears to the eye as a "cloudiness " on the surface. I'm curious as to how many other collectors are experiencing this.

I’ll take the CD’s. Just recently got a new disc player and really enjoy classical music