*DAC

I am down to the last piece of the puzzle. I am very happy with the sound of my system at this point, so I’m not sure if the DAC needs to be improved on. What I am looking for is to hear those background subtleties in the music a little more pronounced. The strum of a guitar, the stroke of the piano keys, the clicks, ticks & tingles that accompany the music. I do here that now, I just wondered if there is a way to elaborate on those background sounds (details) a bit more.

Is it the DAC that will make this happen? If it is, they say my Gustard R26 is as good as a $5K DAC, how far over that $5K do you think I have to go?

Thank you for your help and suggestions and the best to you all over the holiday season and beyond!

PS: I listen mostly to Jazz

128x128navyachts

I would check out Ferrum Wandla DAC. $3K I think. Awesome reviews. No experience personally, but if I was in the market for a DAC under $5K, I would try it.

@navyachts I tried Audience Forte F3 power cables on the Montis and there was a slight improvement. I didn’t bother buying better cables though as I’ve made up my mind on a speaker upgrade. I did like the Montis though, they were nice. Your 13A are newer and a lot better as far as bass integration with the panels and overall sound quality. You’re on the right path with your upgrade strategy.

I say get a couple Schuman wave generators, I buy the $50 nobsound ones on Amazon, they are in a wood case and look much nicer than the cheap plastic $10 ones, but they really add a smoother more analog sound quality without touching anything in your system.

Also I highly recommend changing all your fuses to Synergistic Research purple fuses, I couldn't believe how much more natural and analog they make your sound, I did the fuses in my amp first just to try it since I was skeptical, then I quickly did my DAC, Aurender and preamp...

@fred60 Thanks Fred, are you 60?

@audphile1 Thanks for your insight and help, much appreciated!

@fpomposo How many wave generators do you put in your listening room, is it based on square feet? One day, I may try the fuse upgrade, thanks for the tips?