Recommendation Tube Integrated

At this juncture (nearly 2024) what are folks' best recommendagtion for a tube integrated amp.  Constraints would be $10K (preferrably $5K or less), at least 35 watts per channel.  New or used.  Goal would be smooth, creamy sound.  My current system, which I would consider very good solid state sound, can still be a little ...hard.... to my sensitive ears at times, and I'm thinking a tube option would be nice.  Thanks.

mathiasmingus

The Quicksilver Integrated is only rated at 20 watts per channel, but with four EL84s per side, and big bespoke transformers, it’s going to sound like a lot more than that. Plus the EL84 is one great tube and it only costs $2,500, made entirely by hand, entirely in the U.S. 

If you want a good amp at a great price, check out the VT-70 (35 w/ch from EL-34 outputs) for $1,300 and their VT-150 (60 w/ch from KT-88s) for $3,000. I had a VT-70 and it was an excellent amp. They are only available online from Underwood HiFi. Great reviews from several publications, including Twitteringmachines.com.

“At this juncture (nearly 2024) what are folks' best recommendagtion for a tube integrated amp.  Constraints would be $10K (preferrably $5K or less), at least 35 watts per channel.  New or used.  Goal would be smooth, creamy sound.  My current system, which I would consider very good solid state sound, can still be a little ...hard.... to my sensitive ears at times, and I'm thinking a tube option would be nice.  Thanks.”

I will give you a sleeper to look for and it’s the Audiomat Arpege EL34 integrated that has 30w per channel.  The EL34 is that tube that gives you the midrange warmth you are looking for and has plenty of power for most speakers.  I use mine with Holland metal based EL34’s and 1961 Mullard 12ax7’s and it was incredible on my Quad ESL57’s.  For incredible tube midrange the EL34 and 6550 tubes are great.  One of the posters mentioned the EL84 tube and its great as well but only so much power you can get with the EL84 tube and depending on speakers you have may not be enough and might be a bit lean in the bass.  You may want to post your system or at least speakers you have or plan on using with the amp.  I will tell you with a 5k - 10k budget you open up a lot more options with separates(all tubes:)

Good Luck!

Thanks everyone. To cfarrow’s questions, current system is Harbeth 40.2 fed by LFD HR-ii integrated, Lampizator Pacific DAC (I just listen to digital). For years, I ran ARC separates, but wanted to be free of the bulk and all the tubes, and the LFD sounded almost as good, in a far more compact and economical package. But the tube itch has sort of returned, and I want to believe there is an integrated out there for when I really want a bit more warm and fluid sound.

Harbeth speaker need power to control its bass.

Someone in the following thread reported good result between Harbeth and Line Magnetic 508 or 805.

Thomas