Weakest link in my system

Just as the title states.  What would you say the weakest link in my system is.  System includes. B&W Matrix 800 speakers.   Audio Research Ref 750s mono amps.  Audio Research Ref 6 SE pre amp. Audio Research Ref 9 cdp. McIntosh MQ 112 equalizer. Straight Wire Crescendo speaker cables tri wired. Straight wire Crescendo XLR Interconnects. 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

“ I definitely will be looking into room treatments.”

Bass traps. Start with REW measurements, get a really good handle on what’s going on from 100hz down and target your corrections with the appropriate bass traps. 

Your preamp is fine I thought it was a sp9

Cables are very low quality vs your system ,

thatswhy the WireworldEclipse system cables would ge aBig step up ,

also you need a quality line conditioner like a AQ Niagra 5000

and Thunder power cords a Huge step up !!

@audioman58   I really do like my Straightwire Crescendos for the bass attack it has. I really didn’t think they are very low quality for my system. After all they are the top of the line from Straightwire. Also I have always been thinking of a power conditioner /  surge protector. I did a lot of reading and watching videos on utube about the AQ Niagara 5000. I really do like it but I am not sure if I should use it with my ARC Ref 750s. Even though there are 4 HC outlets. I will have to talk to ARC about that. And if I can’t use it with my amps im really not sure if it’s worth getting for just my preamp , CDP and equalizer. Also btw I do have all dedicated lines for my components. 

Mad Scientist Audio's Graphene Contact Enhancer took my system to a whole new level of enjoyment.

highly recommended

Streaming far better then CDs when setup properly without allthe hassles 

and 1,000s of. More choices at your finger tips.

I am 65 now but have been streaming for 4 years now ,once you get past the expense and learning curve it’s easy .