Holiday Habits and Pleasures

Howdy All,

We put up the tree, and are currently relaxing with some holiday tunes and spirits. Just wondering how the approach and arrival of the holidays affects everyone’s listening. Of course, there will be an increase in holiday related recordings, but do listening sessions increase in frequency?  Are more folks involved?  Do themed events pop up like Christmas Cocktails and Canapés with Nat King Cole?  I’m currently stoking my own holiday spirit with Wynton Marsalis’s “Crescent City Christmas Card” which I discovered in some older Audiogon posts regarding favorite Christmas recordings. It’s making me think I should throw a Big Easy holiday bash one of these days, and start a new tradition. 
Eager to hear and steal some ideas, and new ways to appreciate appreciating. 

Happy Holidays to all,

Dave

david_principato

One thing I noticed - the electrical grid was under enough pressure from kitchens doing overtime the night before Thanksgiving day that my music was somewhat affected for the worse. Anyone else notice this?

At this point 50% of my daily listening is Christmas music, and I'm loving it as always.

No change here socially other than playing Barbara Streisand’s Christmas album from 1967, Aled Jones - Walking in the Air, Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal, John and Yoko - War is Over (it isn’t), carols, and some classical music from England with snow on the covers.