Looking for a great phono pre-amp in the $1000 or less range

I’ve a vintage Kenwood KD-500 DD turntable (concrete base), and grace tonearm.  Currently running a grado gold MM cartridge running through the built-in phono preamp section of my NAD C658 preamp, into an Anthem MCA 225 mk 2 amp and Martin Logan Classic 9 electrostatic speakers.  Streaming Tidal can give me some stunning results but my music through the turntable is far less compelling.  Hence the desire to try upgrading my phono preamp section (and eventually move to a MC).  After substantial digging I’ve got a few higher level candidates, there are obviously many out there. 
the two front runners I’m considering are:

the Back Ice Audio F9 mk and the gold note PH5.  The black ice is intriguing but not nearly as well known or reviewed as the gold note. 
others I’ve considered:

sutherland KC Vibe mk2

moon audio 110 LP V2

parasound zphono XRM

feedback from the community appreciated!

128x128tmortsd

The Grace 707 arm is a low mass masterpiece, and you are better off with an appropriately compliant MM cart.  Find a Grace F9 body and buy a Soundsmith Ruby stylus for it.  A tube hybrid phono stage like the Black Ice Audio F159, or even  The budget priced Bellari VP130 Mk 2 should have you smiling.

The Schiit Mani or the iFi Zen Phono would be your best bet with that cartridge.  Grados are not detail-hounds, nor are they particularly accurate, and you will not benefit from a higher-end phono stage.  I have the Mani 1 and the iFi Zen and use them with a Grado Red, Shure V15 IV, AudioTechnica Pro14S, and Dynavector Ruby moving coil.  I prefer the iFi over the Schiit, but I have not heard the Mani 2 or the Skoll.

I tried 4 different ones including the Parasound and Moon. I kept the Moon, it was the best all around Phono stage for $600

The Rega was not good and I have a Rega TT. 

I found that my turntable was constantly held back by my phonostage for at least several decades. While when I finally got it out of the way with the purchase of a Audio Research PH 8… I had a better table… so that isn’t helpful to you.

Phonostages have been produced for a very long time, so buying used is a great way to leverage your money. I recommend spending as much as you cane on a used Audio Research or Conrad Johnson… as contemporary as you can get.