Subwoofer suggestion

Hi,

I have a pre-amp/amp 5.1.2 setup with 200w amplifiers and B&W Speakers/Sub. Currently I have the B&W ASW610 subwoofer and looking to upgrade it to DB4S. I don't go very high in the volume and even for the current subwoofer, I feel that I barely scratched the surface with the bass. Is upgrading worth it? What difference will the DB4S sub give? 

Appreciate your suggestions.

128x128terrancej

Marantz AV7705 Preamp

Monolith - 7 X 200W amp

B&W CM10 Front, CT7.3 Center

CM5 Rears

Sub - ASW610 - looking to upgrade to DB4s

In this case, upgrading your subwoofer is not about adding volume to the system, although that will probably also be possible. A larger subwoofer should allow you to reach lower in the frequency response range to take advantage of the LFE track on your multi-channel AV entertainment, as those tracks can get well into the infrasonic range.  This is less important for music that is based on natural instruments (pipe organs notwithstanding, since they can get down to infrasonic frequencies), but if your music tastes run to music that includes synthesizers too, those lower frequency ranges that an improved subwoofer can reach can be applicable here too.

It's worth noting that while CEA-2010-A measurements for the base B&W AS610 have not been taken, nor are they comprehensive indicators of a subwoofer's performance, the ASW610XP has been measured, and its performance here is roughly analogous to the ubiquitous SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer. I would suggest that while the DB4S would be considered an upgrade from your current unit, there are other options to consider.  Several non-B&W products might gain you equal or better performance for the same budget, particularly if you were to invest in a pair of subwoofers rather than a single larger unit.  I have been particularly impressed with the output of both Monoprice's current-generation THX subwoofers and RSL's Speedwoofer 10s/12s, both of which are available at prices under $1,000.  Dual subwoofers, properly placed within your listening area, can provide dramatically improved bass response within it, regardless of the volume they are set at.

Svs SB 4000, free delivery around $1800 nice app. control it 45 day audition 

5 year transferrable warranty, it matters not how loud you play it’s the power reserves and Quality of Bass , and you can play it wireless with a kit .