Upgrading cd player

I thinking about upgrading my Rega Isis CDP. I’m thinking about the Audio Research Ref 9se or the McIntosh MCD1200. Can anyone give me any thoughts / options on this ? Also I heard that Audio Research stopped production on the Ref 9se due to not being able to get the lasers anymore / that Phillips stopped making them ? I would also rather stick to a one box unit than separates. Ty.  Also if anyone else can recommend anything also I would appreciate it. My budget is up at about 12k 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

@cleeds  Exactly. I actually live about 15 min from this Mac dealer in NJ. And last week I also bought the Mac MQ112 from him. The Mac dealer also said the MCD12000 is too expensive for it to leave the shop. 🤷‍♂️When I need to demo ARC equipment my dealer is Audio Connection John Rutan. And I don’t know how many times he let me bring home equipment to demo. I asked my ARC dealer if I can Demo the Ref9 or 9Se cdp and he told me yes. So I will be picking it up soon to demo in my system. 

@soix  Yes exactly. He also told me that the Mac MCD12000 is too expensive to leave the shop. 😂. Last week I purchased the Mac MQ112 equalizer from them for 3k. I literally live 15 min away from this Mac dealer also. Cmon. He is really being ridiculous. 

Also note that Audio Research CD9SE would not play SACD while McIntosh MCD12000 does.

@cfa88  Yes I do know that already. But that really is not important to me. I don’t even own 1 SACD 😂. So that alone would not make me buy it. It’s more which will sound better in my system. I’m leaning more towards the CD9SE cause I have the Ref 6SE and Ref 750s.