WOOD SURROUND for Audio Technica AT120; Technics 1200 and Technics 1210

Change the Look of these models with a Wood Surround

https://www.ebay.com/itm/193854720559

elliottbnewcombjr

Yogiboy, That's a really useful summary for anyone in the market.  Kudos to you for posting.  My opinion is that Technics have willfully created a marketing nightmare.  There are significant differences among those many versions of the SL1200/1210, yet they all look pretty much the same. Furthermore, the naming system is confusing and ever changing with the continuing introduction of new models.  Seems to me they undercut the value of spending more for the better versions, especially the G series.  But they're very successful, so what do I know?

amazon, Technics 1210MKII, $2,600.

I do not see that model in yogiboy’s list

that’s because, like lewm said, the naming of models is impossible for the normal rocket scientist to figure out.

In any case, I would want a wood surround for any of them.

Actually, I built this wooden ship, all in for $5,565.

for me, beats the heck out of the Technics look

@elliottbnewcombjr

That amazon listing is insane. If you look on eBay those tables can be had for less than $400.00. That one is an older MK 2. The newer SL-1200 is up to the MK 7. BTW, the 10 at the end of the model number means black!

This is the new one!

Direct Drive Turntable System SL-1200MK7 (technics.com)

yogiboy,

you asked me where I got it, there it is. search for technics 1210mk2, NEW. ONLY ONE comes up, Amazon $2600.

lewm mentioned, and how the heck would I or a novice know which is which? you do, because you care to know, I look at the prices, stacked up with the model #s, makes no sense to me. your link:

in any case, the conversation is about wood surrounds taking the industrial look into the wood category.