Have you found your "End-Game" speakers yet? I have. And it feels so good!!!

Yes indeed.  Several years ago, the absolutely incredible Revel Salon 2 speakers finally took me off the speaker merry-go-round.  I do believe that I'll be taking my Revel Salon 2 speakers to the grave with me.  What's your end-game speakers?

kennymacc

Im a Gon's LTR champ on relationship with speakers and commitment to final speaker after all so far.

I also didn't change my amp at all -- only repaired it once and never re-capped in 20+ years of ownership...

I wanted my salon 2's  to be my end game speakers, and I was surprised my 250/425  wpc amp didn't have the juice to wake them up. Makes me wonder how many end game speakers I've owned that I didn't have the right compliment of components to bring out their best? 

My current system is likely my last and sometimes I wonder how some of my other 'endgame' speakers would have fared with my current components?

I was phenomenally fortunate to acquire small Raidho D2 floorstanders used which replaced much larger Dynaudio Sapphires (and bested them every way except sheer output levels). They are a game changer and I cannot think I'll find anything so good for the price I paid. Now it's electronics upgrades. Speakers = Done!

I love my Sonus Faber Amati Traditional… and are my end game speakers… well, err, that is… unless the stock market rises a lot. 

We cannot know which could be our end game speakers BEFORE embedding them the right way in our SPECIFIC electrical grid/house/room/system...

But most people anyway judge by price tag more than by acoustics ...

For sure my Tannoy dual concentric were way higher end than my actual small active low cost speakers and the Magnepan of some friend too are more high end ...

But guess why i prefer my actual low cost active speakers ?

I embed them well acoustically , mechanically and electrically ...It was not the case with the magnepan nor with my Tannoy better speakers

My actual low cost speakers  punch over their cost/design level by the modifications i put in place for sure ...

Then conclusion :

Give me any basic good speakers and nevermind his price i will make them play at their optimal and then i will be happy ... It is much less about money and taste and much more about acoustics basic  and embeddings control ......

My experience and my 2 cents ...

My end game could be any basically well designed speakers at almost any price ...