New speakers unveiled from Clayton Shaw - Caladan

As I understand it, Clayton developed these speakers after he parted with Spatial Audio.  At a cost of ~$3K, which is astounding, and a beautify wood baffle, they look sensational.  I heard the sound of them in the video below on my cans and was super-impressed.  They go very low in response as well. I can't wait to hear more reviews of them as I am sure that they will be excellent performers for a really affordable price.  You have lived until you have had OB speakers in your room, which is just my humble opinion.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRrgJ-_npls

whitestix

I think "loss leader" was meant as a compliment, these seem like an evolution of the M3 Sapphires which started a little under 5k I think.  So at 3k that's a pretty good deal, and I suspect prices will go up as he makes further refinements and cosmetic updates.  The current X4 from Spatial starts at $7,800 and they are discontinuing their entry level Q series so it will be a while before Clayton's new company is competing directly with Spatial.  Perhaps this was part of the separation agreement.  

I think my point is pretty clear and I stated it was just my opinion. Second point was to see how long it would take for someone who disagreed with me to start hurling disparaging personal insults. Didn’t take long did it??

@woodsage Well, I hope your woodworking skills are better than your writing skills because if you were more lucid upfront this would’ve never been an issue unless your initial goal was to intentionally stir the pot, which is another issue entirely.  I hope it’s the former and that you maybe take some writing classes to learn how to write what you really mean to say.  Good communication is a valuable skill to have, especially here.

For any faults the X3 might have had, bass response and accuracy was not any part of it. Truly world class bass from that speaker.

I think my point is pretty clear and I stated it was just my opinion. Second point was to see how long it would take for someone who disagreed with me to start hurling disparaging personal insults. Didn’t take long did it??

@woodsage Well, I hope your woodworking skills are better than your writing skills because if you were more lucid upfront this would’ve never been an issue unless your initial goal was to intentionally stir the pot, which is another issue entirely.  I hope it’s the former and that you maybe take some writing classes to learn how to write what you really mean to say because several people here were kinda guessing what you really meant here.  Good communication is a valuable skill to have, especially here.

@soix 

😂 Sorry but it’s a hard pass as far as taking any communication advice from you. 

And saying it twice doesn’t make it anymore astute.