Theta/Spectra/Avalon - system revamp advice needed

Because of my living situation I was forced to place my system (Spectral DMA180.1 & DMC-30, Avalon Radian HC, MIT 850(?) tri-wire, Theta DSPro Gen Va) in storage 7+ years ago and live with a very, very modest system. Listening is 100% CDs: jazz, rock/pop, folk, blues, a little classical here and there. New listing room is 20x20 w/high ceiling and very live.

I've been out of touch with the audiophile hobby for 10+ years, so I'm not up on the latest and greatest. Pretty much always stuck with buying used to stretch my $. Never felt I needed to have the latest equipment (still don't), just go for great stuff and usually stick with it for a while. Think I want to stick with the Radians and the DMA180.

Do you guys suggest I:

- stick with what I have and simply add a transport or CD player w/digital out? If so, recommendations? My budget is $1000.

- sell the Theta DAC & Spectral preamp and upgrade to a DSPre Gen VIII/preamp w/transport?

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Gary
schotbus
The manual for your DMA-180 was written BEFORE MIT released the Oracle interconnects with adjustable impedance-matching switches. Now that you can tailor the impedance-matching, the Oracles will be perfectly compatible, and will have performance FAR superior to 350 UL. Hope this helps.
Schotbus, if I am not mistaken, what you may have heard is not to use Oracle speaker cables with the Spectral 180. Joe Abrams will know the answer.
Otherwise you can use Oracles from pre to amp.
Also Joe Abrams is correct, the Oracles are much much better than the 350UL.
FAR superior is more accurate as Joe Abrams said.
Joe
Drjoe & Joeabrams, do you guy have any thoughts on losing the DMC-30 and moving to a DSPre Gen VIII from a DSPro Gen Va. If I go with the DSPre I'll have one set of Oracles to buy rather than two.

Gary
Hi, it is my opinion that Spectral power amps sound best with Spectral
preamps. A long time ago I tried using a tube preamp with my DMA 150.
It would work for a couple of hours, but eventually the protection circuits
would come on. Usually what happens is the output devices oscillate
and they fail. It is very expensive to have this problem repaired.
Joe