any current integrated amps in market have great dacs?

I know built in dacs have historically have been a bit of an afterthought, currently looking at the Rotel Michi X3 series 2 as it has a nice chip set

any other integrated amps around the same price point  with a good dac built in?

audiocanada

@ricred1 

I have not listened to the SU-R1000 but from reading the absolute sound review it looks like a really high end integrated. Happy listening! 

Ron 

Sonnet Morph or Mscaler/Q  >> Michi 3 dac, even Rose150 alone better.  But sound and functionality of Michi excel.

What a great conversation.  I owned the PS audio gain cell dac and I didn't think it was that good.  I've used the PS audio DL3 which was much better.  And I liked the onboard dac of the he PS Audio strata integrated.  I really like that integrated app so even though it's not hooked up at the moment I do enjoy listening to it and can't quite part with it.

I've had the CXA81 too.  Love the sound of that... However it did not appear to have the juice to drive my floor standers as the sound thinned out considerably when comparing between bookshelf and floor stander.

My favorite to date is the electrocompaniet ec6d which I bought second hand.  The integrated DAC on that is super.  I don't feel I need to pair it with an external dac.  

Seems like once you get above two or 3,000 for integrateds The sound largely becomes a matter of what you like.  So it can be tough to say what is actually better.  Kind of like arguing about what color is better.  

hope this helps.

I'd like to chime in on the AVR part of the discussion above.  I'd have to agree as a person who has a little of everything that given the budget, selling price and design parameters that exist with AVR's you can't really touch esp higher end Int Amps and even more so standalone.  Not even close.  BUT!  Some can sound pretty good.  I have the Marantz Cinema 40 and it does a great job of non-top of class decoding.  Just my two-cents.  Doesn't answer audiocanada's question at all though.  lol

“Great DACs” cost more to build. In integrated amps,  DACs quality somewhat generally increases accompanied by increases in price - no free lunch.