Server/Streamer - sonicTransporter i9 and Signature Rendu SE

Are there noticeable sonic or operational shortcomings with the $8K/pair sonic Transporter i9 server and Signature Rendu SE streamer/endpoint as a digital front end?  

What do you gain by paying significantly more than their $8K/pair price for upper level units from Antipodes, Innuos, Lumin, Aurender, Taiko, or others?

mitch2

You should consider 432evo Aeon less expensive and upgradable to the Master

To date we have matched or beaten grimm aurender s20 Innous statement so we are allready at the highest level of performance yet cost less

Dave and Troy

Audiointellect nj

Us importer 432EVO music servers

Thank you @audiotroy 

I am aware of the 432evo options and the interesting and thoughtful design features their servers bring to the table.

I have moved from a highly modified Mac mini, to the then flagship Antipodes DX (still own), to Mojo's Deja Vu server, with each step bringing improved musicality.  If I make a change, I want to continue that trend toward improved, natural-sounding musicality, with reliability, ease of operation and interfacing, and accessible software support for upgrades also being very important to me. 

I remain curious as to what some of these more expensive options offer over and above the sonicTransporter i9 as a Roon core.  I will call your store next week for a private discussion.  

Anyone else have any thoughts, about the sonicTransporter i9 optical?

Is this a sufficient server/streamer/Roon core for a relatively hi-rez system or is there something missing relative to the better server/streamers out there such as Antipodes, Lumin, or the 432evo discussed above?

The sonicTransporter i9 Optical is our top of the line music server specifically designed for high resolution systems. Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions at smallgreencomputer.com.