Seller Unresponsive after payment.

Hi,

I just bought a DAC https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisb6ae1-space-tech-laboratory-da-512dsd-2-da-converters?show_listing=true from @madavid0 last Sept.14 and have paid through Paypal once I commited the buy option of the listing. He only responded once after one week of no communication and said item will be ship that week because he said he was out of town. I understood that and it is almost two weeks after and no replies on my messages.

How do I go about it? And what kind of feedback do I give for other potential buyers to be aware of what kind of a seller he is.

128x128paopawdecarabao

Negative feedback is in order here after all is said and done - this is not a positive experience by any stretch of imagination. 

Caring for a loved one, on vacation, out of the country, none of these are excuses for going silent on a responsibility. Everyone is tethered to their phones, so a quick response to let you know what’s going on should in most cases be expected.

I had a Discogs seller who sent me the wrong thing after letting a week elapse after payment to even ship the CD.  
It was the holiday season, so I had some grace for the fact that my CD actually arrived 1 month after payment, but was not impressed with the week-long interval between payment and shipping. 
Then, 1 month after payment, I received the wrong CD.
Considering the seller responded quickly to my message of this and, with contrition, mentioned that an inventory search was pending and would keep me apprised, I felt things were cool.

A week later, nothing.  
I messaged again to say, “I have still not heard back regarding receiving an item different from the one I purchased.”

A week later, nothing.  

At this point,
a) 2 weeks had elapsed since I informed the seller as to their shipping the wrong item and, despite an attempt to receive an update, had zero messages from seller during that time, and, 
b) 6 weeks had elapsed since I purchased the CD, with the actual shipping not occurring until a week after my payment.

At this point, I just left negative feedback. 

The seller got back to me then 🤣
The seller sent me a message (I’m assuming the seller couldn’t be bothered to actually write the thing because it appeared to be dictated to a microphone with horrible grammar and ‘autocorrected; ‘…delay of the CD…’ was written as, ‘…delay of the city…’ and, ‘…it’s been crazy around here…’ was written as, ‘…spin crazy around here…’) blaming the Jan. 6 storming of the Capitol building for his failures.

This behavior only reinforced my sense that negative feedback was fair.  
I think that’s the only time I’ve ever given negative feedback despite plenty of problems as a buyer.

You have been MORE than patient. Contact PayPal at once and file a claim and have the transaction reversed and your payment method credited. You COULD ( as  a gesture of great kindness) contact the seller ONE FINAL time and let him know that if you do not receive a FEDEX tracking number within one business day in your inbox you will A) Contact PayPal and B) Leave extremely negative feedback. Depends on how badly you want the item. There is no excuse for this. If he responds with expediting your item at his expense I would STILL leave enegative feedback but only after you receive the item . 

As @mbarrett635 ​​​​​​shared I would have a little more patience, with him being out of the country he's probably experiencing inevitable delays getting anything done. You have up to 6 months for a PayPal claim and the absence of a tracking number proves you did not receive it. If you are too worried then initiate a dispute to get the refund process started.

He has a fairly extensive posting history here and reading some of that might alleviate or increase some anxiety once you get a feel of who he is.

Good luck!