Bookshelf Speakers with the decent bass

Looking for the bookshelf speakers with the decent bass that would sound nice in 17'x 12' room. Listening preference:
Smooth/Uptempo Jazz; Acoustic Jazz and Ambiental music.
So far I am using Focal 807W Speakers and the NAD C356DAC.
Good sound, just missing "that" lover bass (hate sub woofers).
I really like how NAD sounds, especially after I replaced the
stock Pre/Amp jumpers. Nice open highs.
Or, should I try Floor standing speakers. Thank you in advance
on yours opinions.
topten
"Or, should I try Floor standing speakers. Thank you in advance on yours opinions.
Topten (Threads | Answers | This Thread)"

I think a floor standing speaker would be a much better way to go. See if you can audition a pair of Vansersteen Model 1's. They're very easy to drive and the bass is in a different league than what you have now. If for some reason, you don't like them, listen to some Monitor Audio floor standers. The silver series is very nice. That said, the Model 1's are hard to beat. You should like them.
For your size room and the type of music you like the Harbeth P3ESR should be on your list. The Spendor 3/5 r2 is a close second. I have owned both and think they are both outstanding.
http://www.hifizine.com/2011/12/harbeth-p3esr/
In that size room I think towers would be the way to go. The Monitor Audio Silver series Zd542 mentioned are very good. I had an extended listening session with the Silver 8 about a month ago. I could live with that speaker. Great bass, open full mids and good highs.

I also recommend the Bowers and Wilkins 683S2. I've demoed them several times over the past few months. Great speaker! They have the same great attributes as the MA Silver 8. I prefered the the tweeter of the B&Ws just a bit more.

I demoed both the MA and B&W with Maratnz gear with 80-110 watts on them.