Service After the Sale

Does service after the sale mean anything to you?  It certainly does to me and has a tremendous impact on my future purchases. This week I sent three emails to three different vendors regarding their equipment that I had purchased or intend to purchase.  Yesterday (Wednesday) morning I emailed Alvin at Vinshine Audio regarding a question about a Denafrips DAC.  I had an answer early this morning (Thursday) when I woke up.  This by the way has been typical for me when corresponding with Vinshine. I've never waited more than a day for a reply.

On Monday I emailed two other vendors regarding their products.  Today (Thursday) I have not received replies from either one.  Isn't three (3) days long enough to allow for a reply.  These are not small vendors and interestingly are vendors who i've seen favorable reviews about.  That's why I choose to deal with them. I won't mention names, at least not yet.  That's not the intention of this post. I will email both again. I know that small, one or two person operations sometimes may not reply as quickly as you may like.  And then of course there are the people who never reply.

I know there have been several other posts like this on A'gon.  But I think Alvin and Vinshine deserve another shout out. I also know where my future purchases will be directed.  Do you?  

128x128marco1

Marco1,

Here's hoping. They are selling a commodity and a service, if you don't add anything to the equation why would I pay your mark up? My ideal dealer: friendly, courteous, knowledgeable, and honest staff. Trade up program. Loan or try out period. Good selection of products. Repair service, or at least assist with repair. Clean and organized show and listening rooms.

I know that is a lot to ask, but if I'm paying a 30%, 40%, 50%, or 60% mark up.....that is my baseline. Otherwise I'll buy direct, and sell second hand online if I need to.

ghdprentice,

Agreed, but 99% of the world communicates by text and emails....I would have thought that to be a logical start.....additionally, it is the only way of contacting the them as found on their "About Us" page

A phone call is always in order.  Same problem at least for me.  Got the recording in one case and the receptionist/operator in another which then went to voice mail of tech support.   No call back in either case.

The good news, after my continuous emails and calls I finally was able to talk to someone today.  So one down and one to go😵‍💫. What I hadn’t mentioned before, in attempting to solve still another similar type problem with another of my amps, I picked up the phone this morning and immediately talked directly to the horses mouth, which happens to be Ralph @ Atma-Sphere in this case.  Another good guy who is always eager to help.  After a couple of back and forth phone calls problem solved.  Next email is to Ralph to let him know his second idea worked. I guess in an ideal world this is how it should work.  If we only lived in an ideal word.  But now I’m starting to preach.