Focal Aria 948

Currently I have a pair I am trying to see if I like before purchasing.  Not sure if all the all the great bass that people talk about is there. Plenty of midrange. Just not in love with them.  Anybody have any suggestions in this price range?  was considering a pair of Klipsch Forte, Salk Song3 beats and Philharmonic BMR Towers.

bucket91

What amplifier do you have?  I have not heard the Aria speakers, but love my Chorus 836v speakers.  My local store sells Focal almost exclusively and they have always sounded the best to me connected to Krell.  I have a Pathos Classic One Mkiii.

I think that Focal speakers can be polarizing in that people tend to love or hate them.

Your take is right on the focal… no bass. If you don’t like it move along. even the Sopra lacks bass regardless of what the internet says…A lot of people on here listen to soft music. I need bass slam. 

Anyway the only speaker I can speak to on your list is the forte. I thought the bass was weak on those too, There but quiet. Then a long time later I say Erin’s audio corner (link below) measured them and they indeed have a base shelve (down). They will need room gain, placed near a wall to have bass. 

https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/klipsch_forte_iv/

Current amp is an Antique Sound Lab Hurricane Dt Monoblocks paired with a Conrad Johnson PV2.  

I prefer a little bass slam also.  Still like my old Cerwin Vega D3 for that. Was looking for some upgrade. D3 lack a little midrange.