Parasound newclassic 200 pre or a Halo P 5?

Any opinions on which way to go?  A new Parasoud Newclassic 200 pre runs around just a little more than a used Parasound P5, and they both seem to have the same DAC.  The P5 looks a little more substantial and I could save a few bucks, and aesthetically is more pleasing. 
mrgary321
Yes, I think I want analog, and phono inputs; but maybe I should rethink.  Any suggestions?  I have a pending purchase of a Parasound P6.
Well if you want analog and phono its probably not the best idea but if digital only I can reccomend the RME ADI 2 direct into power amp. Also has very transparent EQ so you can taylor to your tastes. If only digital no need for a Preamp at any price unless you want to color the sound in some way with say a tubed pre. 
I know one guy on here that was using a pricey Modwright preamp and is now going RME direct. I'm sure there are other dacs that may be just as good doing this. 
This dac or many others in this price range I believe are going to be way better than whats in the P6. 

Both excellent.  P5 advantage is the variable sub control.  200 has two sub outs.  One is 80hz the other is full range.  This is hokey but otherwise great unit.  They sound nearly identical.  Both use Burr Brown DAC.  The P6 scares me.  Too many reports of a runaway volume control.  The P8 was coming but the new owner canned the project.