C.d player with built in Pre amps i.e Wadia

Hi
Just wondering what manufacture's make a CD player that uses a digtal volume control, so you can connect straight to the poweramp? is it a better way to go if you dont have any other need for a Pre-amp, currently using a passlabs X01? I only realy know of Wadia and the Opus 21, what else is out there.
Thanks
k_rose
Opus 21 is one of the best players made period, in my opinion. I loved the GNSC Opus 21, sold it out of curiosity and now own an Esoteric X03se at almost twice the price. Is it better, yes in some ways. But the Opus is far more flexible, has a digital in and can run amp direct, which annoys me about the Esoteric that they can't have a digital in. I have thought on more than one occasion of saving some cash and going back to the Opus GNSC mod......but again, my point being is a preamp does offer better dynamics, albeit a small increase.
I own the Resolution Audio CD-50 and have used it straight into an amp with good results, the balanced outputs are noteworthy. I'll keep this player until it dies and then I'll either purchase another CD-50 or a CD-55. Bradearles comments about the owner of RA are on the money.
I've had the Pass Labs D-1 dac and ran it direct into my power amps with incredible results. I then ran it through a modded BAT 51 SE pr-amp (a great pre-amp) and was shocked how much better it sounded direct. Since then, I've had the DCS Delius, Audio Aero Capitol 2 and the latest is the Wadia 581SE running direct to monoblocks. I'll never even consider a pre-amp again (unless I win the lotto and go to vinyl). Fully balanced operation (Pass Labs, DCS and Wadia)makes a big difference if you have any distance to travel. I also believe the digital volume when set up correctly is the best sounding. My experience is that pre-amps can add color if that is your goal. But for pacing, separation and ability to handle complicated signals a properly set up dac or cd player running direct is the best cost cutting tool for great sound. Nelson Pass told me that 3 volts from the D-1 would drive my Aleph 1.2's to full output with any length of cable(XLR) and he sells lots of pre-amps. I run my Wadia at 1 volt and can upset my neighbors. Best of luck
Nelson Pass does a nice job of explaining things in an article. You have to go through the wohole thing.
www.enjoythemusic.com/diy/0708/first_watt_b1_preamplifier.