KLaudio or Degritter Mark II

Just curious to know if anyone out there has used both the KLaudio ultrasonic record cleaning machine and the Degritter Mark II (or the original Degritter) and which you thought achieved the best or better results.

I've got a lash-up ultrasonic cleaning system that I've put together which costs significantly less than the original Degritter. The end result I get with my lash-up system is, at least, as effective as the original Degritter but significantly more labor intensive. The Degritter is much more eloquent in this regard, which is its allure. I know the KLaudio is twice the price, but I'm much more interested in optimum results.

Thanks!

oldaudiophile

I have the original Degritter and am very happy with the results. I had a Kirmuss prior to the Degritter and while I did get great results the process was too lengthy. I have no experience with the KLaudio but my understanding is that a small amount of tap water is required. I don't think the KLaudio uses any surfactant.  I'm happy using distilled water and a few drops of Degritter's surfactant. The Audiophile Man recently did a video review of the Dregritter MKII that you can find on YouTube.

Not terribly helpful in answering your question, but I have no complaints about my combination of a Loricraft followed by a Degritter MkI. It is entirely possible that other things will be better still, but if records come out of my two machines silent, how can we tell?

Maybe what would be helpful is this datum: I have never relied on the Degritter alone. I don't want to contaminate the tank of water it re-uses, so I remove all gross nastiness with the Loricraft. I do use a home-made mixture of ethanol, PhotoFlo and distilled water in the Loricraft. Then pure DW in the Degritter. You could rephrase your enquiry for those that use a Degritter alone. If I didn't already own the Loricraft, I'd answer that on behalf of a MkI.

@dogberry in the old days, when Christ was a Corporal, I incorporated Kodak Photo-Flo in my manual cleaning process of a bunch of my records. I don't think it did any harm. However, after reading Neil Antin's "Precision Aqueous Cleaning of Vinyl Records (all 3 editions), I switched to Tergitol.

Not easy reading, by any means. However, in my humble opinion, worth the time:

Precision Aqueous Cleaning of Vinyl Records-3rd Edition - The Vinyl Press

I have the Klaudio and I always use a few drops of surfactant in my water tank. I like the separate tank on the Klaudio. The results are incredible. I have a lot of albums that were cleaned with an older spin unit that used a brush. They get cleaned again on the Klaudio. Yes the Klaudio is expensive but the convenience of just slipping the album in the machine and it comes out clean is hard to beat.