Rock and roll speakers?

Is/are there a brand/model of speaker that is better suited/build to play classic rock/hard rock and symphonic music fairly loud?
Speakers will be powered by two Sony 333 ES AMPS.
Budget is around 1500 dollars, preferably used, and I can rebuild or upgrade as needed.
Thanks.
rockanroller
The problem with the Cerwins imo is that they have rolled off highs. The soft dome tweeters could be the culprit. The JBL L890s use titanium tweeters, but they might be too bright for some. The Cerwins might be better to some than overly bright, and I too don't like real bright. However, I like a good deal of life in the upper octaves. Rolled off highs drive me nuts, lol.
I have a second pair of heresy's 1.5 that I hot rodded. The have stands and cables. What was done to them might arguably make them the best sounding heresy's around. Coupled with my hot rodded GTA SE 40...they sound fantastic.

Take both for 1650....pick up only....your rock and roll dreams are filled.
I'll second or third the recommendations for the classic Klipsch speakers, with a special soft spot for the Heresey model. I thought they sounded just as good as the Forte, but were much smaller and easier to live with.

My own, personal opinion, I hate Cerwin Vega.