More CD Player selection woes

I'm looking to replace the "weak link" in my system: A Denon DCD-1560 CD player. While its held its own over the years (being a 20-bit player and all), it is time for it to go.
I find my Well-Tempered Classic TT, EAR Phono Amp, and Grado cartridge to be my preferred setup, but I do want a CD player to come close to that sound. Of course, budget is all constraining so I need help deciding between a NEW Cambridge 840C; or one of those Chinese tube player; Cayin CDT 17A or Shanling etc.; or a USED/DEMO McIntosh MCD 201; or Meridian 208 (if I can find one).
Has anyone had experience with the Chinese models? How do they hold up?
Any help will be appreciated.
thanks
ebuzz
I purchased a MHZS 88E after reading about it on Arthur Salvatores web site. I purchased mine direct from China. They can also be purchased from Pacific Valve out of Seattle. The Grant Fidelity CD-427 appears to be the same unit, just rebadged. I took the risk by not buying in N.A., it was less than $750 delivered to my door and it has worked fine. I can't say the same for a headphone amp I purchased but died after 20 minutes.

I have been happy with this unit. It does not match vinyl playback with a good album but but a good CD does sound good.
I have the Cary 306 SACD and it's sound is far and above any other players I have owned or auditioned but the greatest thing about it is that, any day of the week, I can call and talk to the guy that designed and built the thing right here in the USA. North Carolina to be exact. I consider that to be a real plus
According to a thread here and discussion on AA (sorry I don't know how to link them), all Cary audio players are currently made in China. The Audiogon post said the 306 was made in China and "finished" in the U.S., whatever that means. I can't vouch for the truth of this.
An interesting question Dopogue. I pulled up the Cary website and sent them an inquiry as to the validity of the made in China claim. I'll let you know what there response is. I know that any time I have had any problems with my Cary stuff that I didn't understand, I call the factory in North Carolina and can immediately talk to the Cary engineer.