More CD Player selection woes

I'm looking to replace the "weak link" in my system: A Denon DCD-1560 CD player. While its held its own over the years (being a 20-bit player and all), it is time for it to go.
I find my Well-Tempered Classic TT, EAR Phono Amp, and Grado cartridge to be my preferred setup, but I do want a CD player to come close to that sound. Of course, budget is all constraining so I need help deciding between a NEW Cambridge 840C; or one of those Chinese tube player; Cayin CDT 17A or Shanling etc.; or a USED/DEMO McIntosh MCD 201; or Meridian 208 (if I can find one).
Has anyone had experience with the Chinese models? How do they hold up?
Any help will be appreciated.
thanks
ebuzz
The Marantz is a little out of my price range at this time. Basically, I'm looking for a player in the $800-1100 or so range. Sonically, I prefer something that does not ADD anything to the CD that isn't already there. I hear the Cambridge fits that bill. I am intrigued by the Raysonic CD-128, and other tubed players. My preference is to list to LP's via my TT and tubed EAR phono. I'd like the CD player to sound as close to that as possible. I intend to connect the player with balanced outputs into my pre-amp that is connected to the power amp via balanced connectors as well.
I'm not all that well versed in the subtleties of audiophile jargon, I’m just looking for a player that sounds crisp, clean, warm, and doesn’t “influence” what’s on the disc.
Thanks.
For what it's worth, the Raysonics have paralleled XLR and RCA outputs. I much preferred vinyl too until getting the Raysonic; now CD and vinyl get virtually equal time.
Check out the Grant Fidelity CD-427. It is a Chinese tube
player with balanced outputs.I bought one and found it to be a well built player.You can purchase a demo unit here on
Audiogon for 1040.00.I replaced the Chines tubes and was very
impressed with the results.
I agree with Tweak1 about the Lector CD 7T. I am waiting for an affordable one to come up on agon myself. I prefer to buy the MK3 if possible.
Tweak1: What was your experience with the Lector. I think I want a CDP 0.06 Player. Here's an email I got from someone who sold Raysonic:

"We did sell the Raysonic products, but I cannot recommend this tube cd player to you. It is my opinion, that these Chinese products such as Raysonic, Cayin, Melody are simply inferior imposters. They have sizzle but no steak. Too many problems, they are built from inferior components and are copies, poor copies of other products in the marketplace. Again, they may look good, but the sound they produce is harsh and solid state sounding. Here is the deal, there is no need to buy Chinese when you can buy European products such as Ayon Audio from or say Lector Audio from Italy."

Whatta Think???