break-in for Marantz SA-7S1

I just bought a new Marantz SA-7S1. It has 60 hours of break-in on it at this point. So far it's not bad, but it's not all that captivating either. I've heard it takes awhile to break in. I'd like to hear from other owners how long theirs took to break in, and more importantly what the difference was once is was broken in. Thanks!
tinear1
Heard a marantz SA7S1 at RMAF.. . from the time it had 0 hours and was just pulled from the box, to when it had about 100 hours on it. Remarkably good sound for a brand new unit and kept improving all the way. . . I would expect that complete break in would take about 1,000 hours. Be patient and do not succumb to Premature Upgraditis Furiosa. G.
my friend owns a 7s1. i own an 11s2. i was advised to allow at least 500 hours before serious evaluation.

i think both players need an upgrade. both players are too focused and unantural in their presentation of timbre.
perhaps, a tube buffer stage would be advisable and/or a replacement of capacitors.
Upgrade? Given the cost of these units, just dump them and buy something 'out of the box' perfect.
Mrtennis, You seemed to have listened to a lot of different CD players ( from your posts ) can you comment on which one's may have been your favorite to date and perhaps what you liked about them? Thanks.