Project CD Box RS2T and reclocker

Has anyone used a reclocker with a Project CD Box RS2T transport?  What hardware?  Results?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xallvinyl

Waste of money! Present day DAC’s have asynchronous input receivers that handle the timing of incoming data. You’d have to go way back to find a DAC that needed a reclocker!

jasonbourne71

364 posts

Waste of money! Present day DAC’s have asynchronous input receivers that handle the timing of incoming data. You’d have to go way back to find a DAC that needed a reclocker!

Including the CD transports? In other words, are you saying a connect a CD transport to my DAC, via S/PDIF, will the clocks in my CD transport and DAC be synced?

Do you own a DAC?

@thyname : If I remember correctly Gordon Rankin of Wavelength built the first asynchronous DAC back around 1992-93. No need then to sync the transport and DAC to reduce/eliminate jitter (uncertainty in timing). The input receiver of that DAC and all present day DAC's re-clocks the incoming data. So no need for a clock between the transport and DAC. Jitter from the transport is a non-existent problem solved decades ago! 

Jitter from the transport is a non-existent problem solved decades ago!

😂😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

No need then to sync the transport and DAC to reduce/eliminate jitter (uncertainty in timing). The input receiver of that DAC and all present day DAC’s re-clocks the incoming data.

Are you sure about this? On reclocking. USB yes, things like S/PDIF or Toslink, certainly not. Which is what you use with your $16 eBay “transport”

jasonbourne71

369 posts

And yes, I do use a DAC and transport connected by a coax RCA cable.