Why is Audiogon insisting on a verified physical address in order to post?

Quick question

I just had to enter a verified address into my profile in order to continue posting here.

Does anyone know why that took place?   I don't really love posting my physical address on user groups like this.    

Did anyone else have to do this?
Thanks

JS

j_andrews

It took me 4 days to figure out "how" to verify a phone # and start posting again.

I have 2 land lines that the system would not accept, but finally tried a $20 burner phone (carry it for emergency calls) and it worked.

I was unable to contact A’Gon support through the system during this time, but did leave a message via the "report post" feature.

I don’t have a problem listing a burner phone that’s rarely used/powered up, but might feel differently if I had a real cell phone full of confidential data.

Not a computer person.

DeKay

@dekay : I have been trying to get back on here for several days. I contacted support a few times. No response. So I went back to the verification page and added my street address. Well that worked! Five minutes ago I added that cynical post above and it worked! Now let's see if I can add another post.