Parasound vs Coda

All,

I've been doing a lot of research into moving up from my current amplifier (Parasound JC5) and have scoured comparisons of Parasound to Pass Labs and others that I've been considering. Speakers are Focal Kanta 3s, Pass XP22, Lumin U1, Denafrips Terminator Plus. The setup sounds great as is but would be interested in an amp that offers a bit more refinement in the midrange and treble. Coda from all my research could fit that goal.

One comparison I haven't found has been users who've heard Parasound and Coda amps (I'm considering the Coda 16 or possibly 8) and would love to hear about what others have heard as far as preference, tonality differences, etc. Thank you in advance!

christianb5s4

@christianb5s4 Did you get to listen to the KRELL Duo 300XD?

I have to agree with the post above regarding Parasound and CODA. Though I only had the A21+.  The A21+ is good for the price, the A23 I had was not so good, even for the price.

@helomech Thanks for the explanation, Destination Hifi is not far so I plan to go up for a demo. They're the closest Coda dealer by far.

@yyzsantabarbara I did not, I was over optimistic on how much time I had this past weekend. A weakness of mine.

I have tried Coda no 16 in my setup. The JC1+ were a much better match for my Focal speakers. They also were a better match than my X260.8 Pass monos.

Destination HiFi is about an hour from me, so it's definitely worth a drive up there if I can make time.

@reg19 If you have a minute, curious about what you liked on the JC1+ over the other reputable options you tried?