Listen with your skin.

So today it was a little too warm upstairs where my main system is.
I took off my shirt. That’s better. Hey…wait a minute does the music sound a tiny bit different? Better even?

Well it seems the answer could be YES.

There’s been scientific testing of the skin’s contribution to hearing. Not sure if it applies to listening to music, but it’s worth us subjectively testing it.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/skin-hearing-airflow-puff-sound-perception/

I can see it now. We’ll be able to recognize each other at the next
big audio fair. We’ll be the guys wearing a bathing suit and flip flops.

128x1281111art

😊

«It is better without skin»--A revived audiophile 😵

Thanks for the article....

My system is optimally set ... I listen music but as a hobby i begun reading about sound... Not only acoustic as when i tuned my room for a year non stop... No room anymore i use headphone ... Optimized headphone... I am done and did not search for upgrade even if they are possible for sure...

My new passion is thinking about sound and our perception of sound...

For example : most people think that sound is waves...

This is false...

i will not enter into details here... It is an example of what we can learn and the way it change our relation to sound and sound experience..

We hear with our body , then i am not surprized ...

my favorite citation to date :

“He who understands nothing but chemistry
does not truly understand chemistry either”
Georg Christoph Lichtenberg,

Lichtenberg is one of the most surprizing genius and a super gifted writer... And a scientific genius... and a dwarf...

Now imagine this :

With over a million essential moving parts, the
auditory receptor organ, or cochlea, is the most
complex mechanical apparatus in the human
body”
Hudspeth, A.J. 1985. The cellular basis of hearing: The biophysics of hair cells. Science

Do you think with those deluded "objectivist" for example who tought that few electrical measures on some component specs will make us able to predict how we perceive some musical sound qualities ?

😊