Question: Sub with Fs 54, but response remains above 95dB down to 27: How can I best build

I read a lot of stuff on here from guys a lot more experienced than I, so I'm hoping someone might know some answers. I've got a driver with free air Fs at 54 1w/1m, but free air response remains fairly even down to 27Hz above 95dB, and my question is how effectively can I extend response down to 27? And if so, with what type of cabinet would you recommend? Bass reflex, passive radiators, corner horn,...? What would prevent the cabinet from going down to 27? What would I have to do to make the cabinet reach below 27, to 23-25? Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can share.

hsbrock

Thank you Duke @audiokinesis This is really encouraging. I've got the space to do 7 cu.ft., corner-horns, and to be able to get those results with an Fs 54 gives me hope. I was afraid my speakers would be a bust. Is there a modeling software you'd recommend for me? Again, thanks for taking the time to help me with this. I'm discovering the guys on here are great. 

@hsbrock , I used Bassbox Pro by Harris Technologies.  I have a couple of other progams but they are no longer available.