Why is solid state more popular when tubes are better?

Yes tubes are more involved and require periodic maintenance. Hybrid tube components need not apply, these are really solid state.

Tubes are better for multiple reasons and yet the world and the trade prefers solid state. Those rare audio shops that are geared toward stereo listening and serious connoisseurs tend to Focus more on tubes.  Those in business who like to improve volumes tend to offer solid state.  All the YouTube channels looking to improve their business tend to be solid state.  Maybe because tubes require much more expertise to sell, and there's lesser and lesser to go around. Solid state is more of a fast food commodity.

Tubes are difficult for businesses due to all the maintenance and complexity so you see it less often. Much much easier to sell hybrids or solid state.

emergingsoul

@jjss49 

I was the first member to post a response to this obviously trolling thread, and it was removed this morning, four days later apparently because I questioned the OP's intellect. 

If someone here can point me to a SS Amplifier that will sound EXACTLY like my AUDIO NOTE VINDICATOR SILVER 2A3 Amplifier...I'm all ears!!! 😎

Could it be that the characteristic sound that drive the dislike for solid state amplifiers is most valid with the consumer level products and then becomes less and less of a factor the more thought and care is put into the designs?

My experience is relatively limited, but I found my only tube integrated (Yaqin) to sounds great.  I considered it to be a very high value product and likely superior to most solid state amplifiers with a similar price point.  The Yaqin was a factor in my interest in my current hybrid integrated (Pathos).

I still believe that solid Krell amplifiers have been in most of the systems that I've considered to sound the best.  I had a Krell S-300i for a while because of my experiences in hifi shops with Krell, but ended up preferring my Pathos after rolling some tubes.

I like the sound of both styles. 

But my electricity is over 50 cents per KWH and I don't have A/C.

Makes tubes undesirable.