Warm, rich but detailed SS preamp (made you give up tubes)

Anyone come a cross a warm, rich but detailed solid state preamp that engaged you and gave you that spatiality of a good tube preamp?

I suppose im thinking of C900u or Accuphase?
smodtactical

Originally I had a ML 38s that I really liked very much until I wanted to start going with tubes and chose ARC. And finally upped it to a REF 6SE. The ML 38s is a very good sounding SS pre. And a very good bang for the buck. 

I’ve found the Luxman 590axii class an amp delivers a warm sound when paired with the proper speaker and Dac.

I also own a high quality all tube system - tube preamp and tube power amp - and the Luxman 590axii delivers a soothing and warm sound signature. Nothing is etched or mechanical sounding. 

Speaker pairing, of course, is crucial. 

@bluethinker What tube pre and power did you have?

Did you find you lost anything going from that chain to 590ax2 ?

@roxy54

Thank you so much for the very detailed response. I think it’s a super cool looking preamp, wish I only needed 2 inputs though. I still do vinyl, cassettes, and CDs in addition to streaming. I usually have a tuner too but got rid of it last year.

While it’s always system and room synergy that counts, how well your systems components get along with each other, in your set up and room environment, I’m sure I could be happy with any of these SS preamps, even though I’ve never actually heard any of them (except for the Museatex):

Motif MC7/8, Klyne, Dolan PM1, Nova CPA-100, Threshold FET 2, Spectral DMC10, Krell PAM 7, Museatex AVC-1