New DACs High End Munich 2023

I am now searching for a new DAC to replace my Oppo UDP-205 and High End Munich 2023 was the event I was waiting for to hear about new announcements.

I know that Auralic and Total DAC have introduced new DACs and Primare has new modules. Anyone hear any other DACs being released in the next 2-3 months?

128x128milpai

over time, there have been many shills on this site

this new member @rubicon15 presented like a shill in his first three posts, as i saw it

joins on day 1, on days 2 and 3, he posts only on three different threads about expensive dacs, each recommending the lampi amber, and on one post boasting ’it outperforms dacs 2-3x its price’, i also asked what dacs has he tried and compared against the amber 2-3x its price, no reply on that

so i called it out, questioning who is this dude, smells like a shill to me

his first reply defending his earlier posts on the amber amber amber was, well, hey at least i am consistent, to which my reply was, sure bud, shills with an ulterior motive are consistent too...

no condescension here, just being matter-of-fact... when i smell b-s i call it out... dacs are a territory i am quite experienced and knowledgeable about, i have been here a helluva long time, learned a whole lot, contributed much as well, have nothing to gain in giving advice

i do like this site, having been here from the very start, and i do what i can to protect its integrity and well being

if he is a real person, as he now seems to be with successive posts, if he is coming from an earnest place, then all is well and good... we welcome the participation (as i also said earlier, even when calling him out)

I appreciate the welcome. I’m a real person and definitely not a shill as implied previously. You’re probably correct. You may now more about DACs than a lot of people, including myself. Since that was my first post, I didn’t elaborate. Generally speaking, I made an earnest recommendation and advised the author of the thread to research and read reviews on their own. In other words, do their own homework. To answer your question, I did not run an A/B evaluation of a DAC at 2-3 times the price of the Amber. Like most people, I had a budget. In my case 3-5K. I’m not the type of person to waste a sales rep’s time. However, when reading reviews and talking to other CJ owners, the comparison of other DACs was discussed numerous times, similar to this thread. If you’re not a fan of tubes/valves, I get it. Not everyone is a fan. Have a great week!

you as well, enjoy the music (and your amber)

i have never tried a lampi, one day i am sure i will, i know the brand has a loyal following, and an excellent reputation for excellent quality and sound

vacuum tubes at the output stage of dacs can be a terrific solution to provide a lovely wide deep soundstage and that certain magic quality to voices and natural acoustic instruments that solid state gear can have a much harder time doing

@jjss49 Your description of a Valve DAC works for me.

I own one and have compared it to a selection of SS DAC’s.

I am not anti SS DAC, but am glad I was introduced to my Valve DAC early on in my voyage into Digital Recording Replays.

The most recently listened to Hegel HD 30, used in the system it was demo'd in, as well as a professionally Acoustically Treated Room, is the first SS DAC I have totally relaxed with in the same manner a Valve DAC can enforce one to breath out, with a sigh and embrace the moment. As the owned Valve DAC was A/B compared to the Hegel, pretty much made this attractive impression self-evident from the off set.

The Venus Owner who was also present was also very impressed with the impression the Hegel can create. 

The Hegel is certainly not Valve Like, it is very noticeable for being a SS Design, but is very capable of producing a Sonic that is extremely relaxing and able to create a ambience where you are kicking your shoes off and intending on staying for the long haul. Not Bad for a Device, with a short usage life behind it. l am wanting to hear it in use following a few more hundred hours of usage.

Enjoy the Hegel! They are highly regarded. I will add it to my bucket list to demo in the future. Right now, I'm just enjoying my new Lumin U2 mini.