Aurender Conductor app reliability and user experience

I'm on the fence about buying an Aurender A200 streamer+DAC. I auditioned one using an identical system I have at home (Moon 340i and Dynaudio Contour 20i).  I really liked what I heard in the store, the DAC is transparent and does a great separation of vocals and instruments. I used the app on an iPad and looked/worked ok.

The app is so downvoted in the app store and have read a couple of complaints, that I'm doubting the quality of the software. I used Roon for two years, but I stopped using it because of the price. Right now I'm mostly using Tidal Connect and using a Blusound Node 2i as a streamer.

What has been your experience with the Conductor app? Can you use it on an iPhone? Is it kind of mandatory to use an iPad?

robertkpax

@robertkpax, the Conductor App is fairly intuitive to use. If you have Issues, you can use their Remote support request for help. This is included in the settings section and allows Aurender to connect to your unit, if needed.

Like all software, you may have questions or need help. There are many Aurender users on this forum that will help you. As I previously said, I use the Conductor App with my stored albums, Qobuz (wonderful) and Qobuz’s many playlists. If interested, it also includes many Internet stations (including Radio Paradise).

I have used Aurender Customer Support several times and it is excellent.

@robertkpax Robert, The A200 and N200 are both fine machines and the cost savings on the A200 are not insignificant, especially when you figure in an additional power cord and USB and or SPDIF cables too.

Aurender is one of the very few companies (can't think of another now) that has manufactured their own propitiatory software or app. Even Taiko hasn't done this, they use a stripped down version of Windows. Also being Linux based means it's based on Unix server software and doesn't need supplementary USB drivers etc.

I can't say that Aurender is the very best in the World when you compare to some exotic brands but at their price they offer maximum SQ and reliability.

I have owned my N20 for almost two years now, it's constantly switched on and surprises me everyday with what it can do, reliably and without fuss.

only complaints i have (A10) with it is the app losses connection and sometimes its hard to regain, specifically after your turn it on. having to search every time for the Aurender is a pain. Also having to use an apple tablet to operate it is a limiting. 

The remote is useless IMO. but i don't use the direct to amp features. 

I do not find it intuitive at all. 

Aurenders manuals are lacking with out complete information on operation, various operating parameters and indications. 

@glennewdick, If your "Conductor App drops your connection and sometimes is hard to regain, specifically after your turn it on and having to search every time for the Aurender" represents a SERIOUS ’unacceptable’ connectivity issue.

Please file a remote support request with Aurender for their review and comments. Go to the Apps settings and look for Remote Support Request and provide all the details. .

IMHO, if you are losing your connection, it sounds like maybe a Wi-Fi and/or Internet connection issue. Obviously, you should cold boot all devices (power down and restart) and see if that helps. I suggest you confirm your Wi-Fi connection is strong and that your Internet is working correctly. I just had my Cable person here to replace all my inside cables and connections, all connections at my outside cable distribution box and all connections at the cable box entering my home. He checked the cable strength at all locations to confirm all frequencies are working (they were).

Please also confirm your iPad, that connects to the Aurender, is close to your router. I recently installed the NetGear ORBI 960 Series Quad-Band WiFi 6E Mesh Router and placed the 2nd satellite router in my living room where I use my iPad. This helps to ensure a strong Wi-Fi connection.

Connectivity issues, like yours, are not easy to chase down and might take some time. Please do not give up and keep us posted.

@vonhelmholtz 

The Lightning app betters Conductor in the following areas;

Look and feel of the user interface

Search Capabilities

Artwork 

I've had good customer service from both Aurender and Auralic. Bottom line, the Auralic Aries G1.1 sounds better in my system than my Aurender N100H. I listen to vinyl 90% of the time anyway.