TV audio into DAC via eARC or better

My HiFi system is also in my main living room which has my largest TV for movies.  Currently running optical audio out of my Sony TV into my Schiit Yggy.  It's ok but something is missing for sure.  Xfinity 4K box is HDMI only.  Apple TV is HDMI only.  I would think the highest possibly resolution would involve eARC.  

I noticed the Lumin P1 has an eARC HDMI port.  Looks like it can also switch video sources but my preference is to keep video quality going straight to the TV.  

I know my compressed version of Batman on Netflix from my Xfinity box isn't going to be great but I need something better!

Thoughts?  Thank you!

chauncey

@chauncey Another option is the Wyred4Sound Remedy Reclocker, it takes the Toslink in and cleans it up and outputs a SPDIF signal, I get a nice uptick in sound quality compared to Toslink into my Bricasti M3. https://wyred4sound.com/collections/digital-converters/products/remedy-reclocker

Interesting.  I forgot I have a Mutec reclocker I use to use for my DAC but I removed it for USB when I upgraded by Schiit Yggy a few years back.  I should try it on my TV audio!

https://www.mutec-net.com/product_mc-3-plus-usb.php

I'm not sure if this is specifically relevant to your needs, but I have recently experimented with a number of options to allow my basic living room stereo (also have a media room) to integrate reasonably with a television.

I played with using higher end receivers as a pre/pro for this 2 channel system, eventually replaced the receiver with a 4k pre/pro.  Most recently I acquired an NAD C658 (where I had intended to add the 4k MDC video switching board, thus allowing video switching on a pure 2 channel component).  Around this same time, I happened to walk past a Samsung The Frame 75" TV (open box) that I picked up on the cheap...

To my surprise, the feature that most people probably find to be The Frame's greatest annoyance (the external "one connect" box) ended up being a huge bonus in my system.  All of the video is integrated within the Samsung ecosystem and it connects to my DAC/pre with the toslink connection only (eliminating the HDMI not "playing nicely" concerns).  I am also able to play Apple/Tidal music directly on my DAC/pre via Airplay or BluOS (without "waking up" the TV).

This was all a pleasant surprise for me as I ended up not needing the MDC 4k video card for the NAD while having a semi-decoupled audio/video setup that is very user friendly.

I also wanted eARC for simple, one remote control of TV with best possible sound over my 2 channel stereo. Naim Uniti Nova had handshake problems, but my dealer said in his experience this had been seen in a relatively small number of units he sold. Presently the Naim is at warranty repair to hopefully fix the issue. NAD M33 has had no problems with HDMI, but I'm not pleased with its sonics for my music listening (with AudioVector R3 Arrete). So next I'm going to try an AVM CS 5.3. With it's tube front end, I hope the AVM will be my solution to both HDMI eARC connectivity and engaging music listening.