How Long Is Too Long?

I know this forum has tons of experience with all things audio. 

My question to the members is when you send a piece of gear to the manufacturer for repair; what is a reasonable turnaround time? 

I will leave the "company" out for now because I don't want to potentially hurt their business if it's not warranted.

I sent my phono pre and step up device in for repairs four months ago.  It's a small one man operation in California.  Around the time I sent them in, one of his products got a small positive review in Stereophile magazine and he said that since then he's been swamped with orders.  Understandable I guess and good for him.  Not so good for me though.

As I said, I haven't seen my equipment in four months.  Is this considered reasonable?  I called him about a month ago and talked to him directly and he assured me that he would get to my equipment soon.  So far, nothing.  I guess I should have asked what his definition of "soon" is.

I'm happy that he's selling units and business has picked up for him but with his new found success it appears like us early supporters are being left out in the cold. 

I know my hands are tied at this point and I do have a back up phono pre of lower cost and quality so I haven't been without the ability to play records.  

I appreciate any thoughts or advice.  

Thanks, 

Nick

nicktheknife
Post removed 

I am also sick of terrible customer service.   The next time I get bad service I am outting the company on this and multiple other forums.  Tired of poor service after the sale .  Fortunately I have been lucky and needed minimal service over the years, some stuff I have repaired myself.  

If anything , an existing customer should get priority over a potential customer or new customer order.   That is ridiculous.   That guy just does not get it.   You should post his company here ,  that's a lot of nerve making you wait so long.  

Thanks to all for the suggestions and advice.  

The company is:  Lounge Audio

My two pieces are/were:

LCR MkIII Silver & Copla

@nicktheknife the flipside of this is: you should say "don't fix it, give me my money back!" If he has so many orders he has the money to pay you. He can then fix your preamp and sell it, on his own schedule. He can't have it both ways. 

It is wrong to sell equipment with warranty and then ignoring his warranty commitment for being busy selling new equipment...