Complete vinyl system, TT to speakers, for $1500?

We just returned from a 2-week visit to our son who lives in Tokyo.  While there, we met a nice young woman who told me she would like to acquire an audio system with the express intent of playing LPs in her apartment.  Her budget is $1500 or less, as noted.  It's been years since I ever had to think in such budget terms, and when I did think about a $1500 system, it was back in the 70s when you could really buy something decent for that total amount.  (You could also buy a car for only a little bit more.) So, I am here for advice; she needs TT, tonearm, cartridge, phono stage, amplifier, and speakers. Thanks.

lewm

I saw those Klipsch spkrs. Nice. I’ve mentioned them to the person I’m advising. Anything sold new in Tokyo will work off their grid. That’s not an issue, thankfully.

U-turn Audio can be a provider of a system. Turntable with built in phono preamp straight to powered speakers. Easy Peasy. 

klipsh The Fives are awful sounding. I had them for a month and sent them back. 

recommended:

Rega IO (includes turntable preamp)

wharfedale Diamond 12.X (12.0, 12.1, or 12.2)

Fluence turntable

Rega IO is well above budget based on US prices. Since foreign made audio is usually more expensive in Tokyo than here, I assume it’s even more costly there.But thanks.

I use a Keces E40 class AB amp, It has a MM phono stage which is good.  That may be half the budget though unless you find one used. Small, like a Io/Brio but I prefer due to better QC and specs, IMO.  Can add aa dac/other source later.

If space matters, this is a nice integrated amp.