Infinity Primus P363 TAS review

Wow REG claims these speakers are "In many fundamental ways they are in the top echelon of anything out there."....These sell for $199! He says they aren't just good for the money but good period. Anyone heard these things?
wildoats
"01-13-15: Onhwy61
Skepticism good. Cynicism bad."

I assume that was addressed for me. Its probably true, but I still go back to the OP.

""In many fundamental ways they are in the top echelon of anything out there."....These sell for $199! He says they aren't just good for the money but good period."

The reason I can be cynical is that the magazines seem to say the same things over and over. I mean if almost every speaker they review in a certain price point "punches way above its weight class", maybe its time to adjust expectations for speakers at that price and call them normal.

Also, I feel its extra important no to do this with entry level products, like we are talking about here. People in the market for this type of speaker, usually don't have the knowledge and experience yet to make sound judgements. They get sucked into that feeding frenzy mentality, where they need to get that hot new speaker at a super low price. In reality, I think most of know that the main reason speaker A is the must have new speaker, is because it was reviewed after speaker B. If we were to swap the review dates, speaker B would be the hot new speaker to have. (I'm just making a general point here. Not every word is meant to apply to the Infinity speaker the OP started the thread over.)
+1 with Zd542's assessment about most speaker review's, however, over the year's, Infinity speaker's have been quite good for the money, I have a pair of Infinity RS-1 book shelf speaker's setting in my storage room that is built like tank's, tiny little woofer's, two way speaker's that in 1996, were the editor's choice for best, to tell you the truth here, these will kick the crap out of most any book shelf speaker ever made with sound quality, transparency and timberal accuracy is off the chart's for such a small speaker, take a look at the spec's, you will be amused!, currently, I need another speaker post for one of them, other wise, they are in mint condition, I needed the post for some other speaker's that I do use, reading this thread makes me want to resurect the RS-1 speaker's, I do miss their spectacular sound.
One last post, just to be clear, but I wasn't saying anything negative about the Infinity. I just don't think the audio press always puts reviews out in ways that can best help readers make a good choice. What does the speaker suck at? That's what I want to know. lol. I'm going to find out anyway as soon as I listen to it. Might as well just tell me first.