Poll: Most impactful component

Given all the technological advances over the years, audiophiles have very different perspectives on equipment.

This likely reopens an age old debate, but which component has the most potential to improve a stereo system? Or can it?

If you could upgrade one component to take your system to the next level which one would get the investment? Speakers? DAC? Pre? Source?

Or is this the holy grail that no one can achieve?

tee_dee

By far the most impactful component and the best money I have spent on my system is my Legacy Audio Wavelet, pre-amp, electronic X-over, DAC, speaker/room correction. I wish I could afford to upgrade it to the Wavelet II.

@tony1954 ​​​@fertguy ...Me.

Upgrade myself, which I did a few years ago with a good pair of aids. ;)

Made more of an improvement than anything I could buy, or make with my hands,

72, hitting the 73 wall June's rnear end... *sigh*L* 'This of big cities, loud tools 'n mechanisms, loud cars, loud crowds @ louder concerts has, does, and will (if not already) compromised

YOU.'

Cost 'bout that of a goodish DAC.
Think about it...😏

Anyway...

@tee_dee , happy newbie to you. *S*

Reviews, and opinions....Everyone's' got 1, 'member?
.........one gleans out of them what one wants to repro in their own space/place.
One begins; how well and for how long chosen to pursue becomes whatever you allow it to become.

Your results and conditions Will vary.  Or not.  It's been known to have happen to some 'round here.  Others are rife here...*snicker*

It IS a personal hobby.
Dreams, memories, abandoning to all that music of whatever is is you seek.

The means?

What do you seek...pilgrim?  

Enjoy your hunt for whatever you seek in the results.

Jerry