A ridiculously cheap cable riser.

It’s made by Grip-Rite, who named it the "Individual Plastic High Chair". It’s intended use is to support the rebar rods employed in the laying of concrete, and can be found at Home Depot in bags of 20 for $5.08. That’s just slightly more than a quarter apiece!

To use simply slide your power, speaker, and/or interconnect cable through the two raised "arms" that form the open semi-circle you see in the pic (what you can’t see very well is the flat circular base of the Chair). Or, if you wanna get really nutty, loosely stretch a rubber band between the two arms, thereby creating a bridge across the open semi-circle, upon which will rest the cable, 2.5" above the floor.

Cute, ay? ;-)

grip-rite-rebar-accessories-ihcp21420r-64.0

128x128bdp24

Until you use the wires removed from the TOTL Siltech speaker cables to suspend all your cables, interconnects, etc, from Myrtle wood beams on your ceiling, you will never realize the full capability of your system. 

Thought I would share this with you all. At Axpona last month I paid attention to who used cable risers and if any seemed truly committed to them. 

The answer is- maybe 70% of the rooms use risers at all.

Of that 70%, none seemed to care that the cable did touch the floor

in places or another cable. I start to think these folks use them because they feel they "should". 

There was one room that had all the cables properly segregated and above grade.

Darned if I can recall who though!

@bdp24 ...sounds like a 'fun' car project, but my 'good luck' wish includes living in a locale with 'reasonable' fuel pricing....

Any 'emission tests' ought to be as 'negotiable' as the ones' a Triumph Spitfire I used to own...*G*

The shop we gave all our 'car issues' to found the only way it would pass was to lay the tailpipe sensor on the floor beneath the tail pipe...

Other than feeding it an occasional unbent pushrod (not a huge task for an afternoon, esp. with the 'hood' opened...one could sit on the front tyres...), a fun cheap ride...*S*

Good times...