What are your favorite songs or albums for illustrating a deep soundstage?

I’m optimizing my seating position and speaker position in my room and need some new musical selections to use as a reference for projecting depth well beyond the speakers. What are your top choices?

Bonus points if they are available on Qobuz or Tidal, though vinyl record suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xblisshifi

"What now my love"   A hipped up, jazzy cover by The Peddlers, Tidal/Masters.

"If You Leave Me Now" (Remastered LP Version) from The Very Best of Chicago: Only the Beginning album. The album artwork has Chicago in green on a brown background. Great detail, separation between the instruments and soundstage. 

Dire Straits-Private Investigations 

Almost any song by Dominique Fils-Aime

Bella Sonas- Enamoured (album) every song on this album has great depth

Jethro Tull Thick as a Brick. It’s one of the best produced albums you can find.

Pink Floyd The Wall. From beginning to end the soundstage moves. Pink Floyd should be you go to for bass test. I still have not found better drum production.

@pharaoh - Madonna's Voque used a processing called "QSound" that, if I remember correctly, was relatively new back then in '89/'90.  It used (essentially) phase cancellation techniques to get that soundstage that you are hearing. 

I distinctly remember discussing this processing back in college at the time during my recording classes and I don't think it was all that popular of a processing technique since few listeners of modern pop would sit behind a decent stereo in the sweet spot to be able to really hear that processing.  I think there was only maybe a handful of albums that utilized this processing.  However, I agree, it's pretty cool.  Check out Rescue Me on Madonna's Immaculate Collection greatest hits compilation for the effect on the thunder in that track.