Don't sell your tube amps

Although this was an article in a guitar Magazine, I thought it might interest those who own stereo tube equipment:

https://www.premierguitar.com/gear/amps/dont-sell-your-tube-amps

128x128deadhead1000

I love the sound of tubes, I do. I adore it. But tubes gotta go for some very important reasons. Who knows how long the NOS supply is going to last and who can afford it. 

Interesting read. My 2 cents is that tubes remain very special and perform in ways solid state does not. How can a 60 year old tube component best a top of the line modern SS? I suspect tubes will be around and in demand by discerning consumers for a very long time. 

@erock79 

I suspect tubes will be around and in demand by discerning consumers for a very long time 

Agreed!

As always to each their own. I just think that there will be a certain number of listeners who genuinely appreciate and prefer the natural and believable beauty/presentation well implemented tube components deliver. Many understandably are happy with transistor components. They won’t satisfy everyone (Nothing does).

Charles 

@samureyex "Who knows how long the NOS supply is going to last and who can afford it."

That ship sailed a few years ago. All my NOS tubes are in boxes to be sold off. The latest iterations of newer tubes from psvane and a few others are plenty good.

----

Not planning on selling my tube amps any time soon. Keeping a SS amp on rotation duty. The PremeirGuitar article and Mike’s NewSensor updates were helpful. He’s already ligning up with psvane too, good to know.

Gee,  I seem to remember something about the death of vinyl.  When was that?