Yamaha DSP-A1 for 2.1 System

I used to have an A1 way back when but unfortunately decided to sell it when HDMI rolled around.

Would it be worth tracking down one of these to drive a pair of KEF LS50s?   I have a Peachtree unit running another pair for my wife in the den but I'm a huge fan of the older gear and it would be cool just having one of these again.   I'd only be using it for an analog in 2.1 channel config.

videodrome

An old thread for sure, but just wanted to chime in that I have one of the gold ones with side panels, and it performs beautifully after all these years. I use it now strictly for 2-channel in my family room and couldn't be happier. No problems, either!

Still use mine for a 2 channel video system.  The display is iffy, but otherwise has worked for 25+ years without fault.

An additonal thought on the DSP-A1, one of the problems encountered by many is the display issue as mentioned by onhwy61. Luckily I haven't had any problems with mine, but there is an interesting video repair about this on YouTube. Although it looks quite complicated to do, I'm not sure I'd want to tackle it myself. But otherwise, this is a great integrated amp.