Cartridge Advice Please

I would love to hear from others that have traveled the same or a similar path.  

My system is the previous Gen of Audio Research REF gear with the 75SE amp, 5SE preamp and 2SE phonostage with the Rega P10 playing Wilson Sophia 1.  I listen to a lot of rock, R&B, blues, jazz, folk

My previous cartridge of about 2 years was a Benz Micro Wood SM.  I got it new and loved it from the first record.  My current cartridge is the Kiseki Purple Heart which I love even more and also have loved from the beginning.  I got is used with about 200 hours, lol.  So many people listen for 200 hours and then sell.  I am fine with used but have always found that 150-200 hour statistic funny.

It has been about 9 months and I am happy with every other aspect of my system so would like to experiment with a new cartridge.  Here are the ones that didn't work

SoundSmith Sussuro MkII ES - I liked it but with a 0.4mV rating it required my 5SE volume to be around 20 higher than the Purple Heart rated at 0.48mV.  That makes no sense and it caused a buzz to be audible from my speakers between albums/tracks when listening at moderately loud volumes.  Mr. Peter said there was  nothing wrong with it and felt no need for me to send it in so I sold it.

Rega Aphelion 2 - This came used on my P10 and my mind was set on selling to justify the P10 upgrade so not sure I gave it the best chance but it sounded bright to me.  

Rega Apheta 3 - Same deal as above, came on my previous RP10 and also sounded bright.

My initial thoughts are:

Koetsu

Lyra

Higher level Benz

Ortofon

dhite71

@dhite71 I have an ARC Reference Phono and love the way the Benz cartridges sound through it on my Oracle Delphi mkV/SME V combo. Also have played some Ortofons through it as well and they have a sense of "rightness" about them that while different, is still appealing. I will say that Sound Smith disappointed me as well with their customer service on the cartridge repair front. If you have the need for repair or re-tipping, check out Steve and Ray Leung’s service, Vinyl Audio Science. Wasn’t afraid of a Beryllium cantilever, unlike SS. Turnaround time was about a week. I can’t recommend them highly enough!

@mytthor appreciate the referral of Steve and Ray for service.  I had read somewhere of others having a good experience with them.  

A near mint Lyra Kleos came up for sale on USAM yesterday at a great price so I bought that.  Lyra has been a brand I have wanted to hear for a while so am very excited to try this one out!  I will update after I have spent some time with it.  Thanks again for all the input.

The Kleos offered a very nice and detailed presentation but was a bit too 'in my face' and a bit bright compared to my Purple Heart.    

Making such suggestions as follows will undoubtedly not be received by all as the best advice when reviewing the latter of the two suggestions.

If the option is available to swap out Cart' Tag Wires, I would suggest a PC Triple C Tag Wire, I have found this wire has a very impressive impact used in the Cart's signal path. It is very affordable to purchase this wire as a Tag Wire, and will also be good to have at hand when/if another Cart' is tried.

Acoustic Revive are using the same Copper in their PC Triple C/EX Tag Wires and are asking for a $1000, the without /EX, Copper Only PC Triple C Tag Wires are much less monies acquire.  

If a SUT is at hand and is compatible with the Kleos, it might be worthwhile giving it a try, I feel confident a Richness will be detected as a result of the inclusion. Whether this is enough to rein the Cart' in enough to present with a sonic, that fits in with your preferences will be the unknown.

I have options on how a Cart's signal is amplified and there are SUT's and a Head Amp available to work in conjunction with owned Phonostages. I'm yet to feel I have sold a Cart' short by creating permutations through adding other devices to manage the the Cart's produced Signal.  

@dhite71 

We have been sharing some comments about Koetsu and other cartridges most recently.  Perhaps it is worth a glance to my comments and others, I hope in may provide some further insight into your thought process from those of us who have had some long term experience.  Please keep in mind, my conclusions are my subjective opinion only.  I have no "skin in this game".

Good Luck!